- Timings for public dealings in the school are being changed with immediate effect. The new timings will be from 2.30 to 4.00 p.m.
- Please remember to bring your child’s current id-card whenever you visit the school. No visitors are allowed in the school building without proper identification.
- To prevent misuse, we strongly suggest that you destroy old school id-cards of your child.
- Most parents whose children travel by private vans have given their child’s id-card to the van driver, on the basis of which we allow the children to accompany the van driver. However, a few parents have still not done this. From the coming week, no child will be allowed to go with a driver who does not carry his / her current year’s id-card.
- Once again, I urge parents whose children travel by private vans to take all necessary precautions. There are several vans with far too many children travelling in them; also most vans are not using seat belts for the children.
- As private vans are not regulated by the school, parents are advised to verify credentials of van drivers by keeping a copy of their driving licence, Aadhar Card, photograph etc. Within the school, the process of police verification is being conducted for our own staff.
- DTC buses or the school’s own bus are a more reliable and safe mode of transport than private vans. I strongly recommend that if you stay near one of the school bus routes, you could send your child by bus.
- If there is no school bus near your route, you could try to get together with other parents who live close by and try to form a route. If there are even about 20 parents who come together, the school could try to hire another DTC bus.
- Forming a car pool or ensuring that one parent, by turn, accompanies the children in the van, could be another option to make the journey safer for your child.
I am sure that together we can provide our children a safe school and a safe journey to and from it.
Anu Behl Roy
Given the current concerns regarding children’s security, I would take this opportunity to once again advise all parents whose children travel by private vans to check and verify the credentials of the van owners and drivers. Aadhar Cards of the owners and drivers’ licences should form a part of the verification process. Since vans are a private arrangement between parents and van owners, the best precaution would be if parents of particular vans could make arrangements so that one parent, by turn, can travel in the van every day.
Moreover, from the school’s side we will only hand over children to those drivers who can show currently valid id-cards of the children they want to pick up. Please ensure that that you give your child’s van driver a valid id-card. Parents whose children travel by van are advised to have an extra id-card of their child, made for the van driver. Also should you change vans, or your mode of transport, do not forget to take back your child’s card from the previous driver.
Please help us to keep your children safe.
Anu Behl Roy
We are with you in your concern for your children’s safety during school hours. Please be assured that steps are being taken to improve security in a manner which will be sustainable in the long term. Meanwhile, if you have any concrete, practical suggestions, please send them to the email id email@example.com.
Anu Behl Roy