Activity Week 2018
Activity Week 2018 was a six-day celebration from the 20th December till the 28th.It is a week devoted to learning, fun and enjoyment. Special activities, field trips and workshops are organized during this week.
The Christmas Assembly was presented by the school choir on December 24th. The choir sang many beautiful carols, hence, getting the whole school into the Christmas spirit.
The finalists of the Inter-Section Public Speaking and Recitation competitions, participated in the Open Mike Event, which was held on December 26. Children presented songs, dances, poems, jokes and passages.
Artists from Nithya Chathanya Kalari, an organization specializing in teaching Kalaripayattu (a form of traditional martial art, originally from Kerala) had come to our school for a lecture – cum – demonstration. Dr. Murugan Pillai Gurukal, the principal teacher and founder along with his team enthralled the students with their performance.
The event started with a lecture demonstration of the martial art, followed by the actual performance.
The highlight of this year’s Activity Week was the adventure camp organized for the students of classes Nursery to IV by a company named ‘Rocksport’, within the school premises.
Zip Line, Commando Net, Burma Bridge, Body Zorb, Laser Beam, Magical Maze and many other such interesting activities were organized for the students.
On the last day of the Activity Week, we had a juggler, who went from class to class and showed some juggling tricks to the students. And, it all ended with class parties for classes 2 and 5.
Inter – Section Events
- K. Quiz contests were held for all classes from I upwards.
- Spell Bee was held for classes III to V.
- Public Speaking and Recitation competitions were held for classes I to V. Each class had a specific topic for both English Recitation and Hindi Public Speaking.
- Ajit Narayanan visited the school as guest artist and had a cartooning session with the students of class IV.
- Music workshops were conducted for the students of class V by Mithu Pal and Raj Kumar. Children were shown the jal tarang.
- Art workshop on ‘Doodle Art’ was taken by Anju Mathur, for the students of class IV
- Craft workshop was taken by Margret Murphy, for the students of classes II to V
- Hindi workshops were also conducted by Manjula Vats and Supriya, for the students of classes IV and V.
- All classes watched movies.
- The Nurseries carried home a work of craft every day. They also did clay modelling.
- A treasure hunt activity was organized for students of class V.
- This year children did wall painting in the Warli style.
- Traditional games like Pitthu, Kho-Kho, Langri-taang and Tug – a – war were played by the children every day. Indoor games or jigsaw puzzles were also played daily.
- Other activities like non-fire cooking, fruit-chaat making, Bingo, Tambola, Pictionary, Dumb Charades, and Tangram were enjoyed by all classes.
- The Activity Week ended with class parties in few classes. Children brought food from different regions of India and shared and ate together.
- Picnic was organized for the students of class III. They went to Lodhi Garden.
- Prep went to the Zoo.
- Nursery went for a trip to the Rail Museum.
- Students of class II visited Bal Bhawan.